Tuesday, February 1, 2011
Fig Studio was tasked to create a functional, stylish, and simple living environment for a young family living in a turn-of-the-century Craftsman in Portland's Laurelhurst neighborhood. The space serves as a graceful welcome to the house and occasionally supports parties and family gatherings. Highly durable materials and low-maintenance finishes are key in this space, as dogs and children regularly play in the room.
1. Supportive yet relaxed sofa is enhanced with beautifully tufted details
2. A pair of sophisticated yet affordable upholstered ottomans provide flexibility
3. Beautifully detailed and well-scaled side chairs are detailed with antique nailheads
4. Who doesn't need a whale pillow?
5. Flor tiles are a must in this dog-loving home
6. Kazu root provides instant texture. Sourced here.
7. Mirrors flank the existing fireplace to provide a second and third light-source.
8. A small-scaled replica of a couturier's chair
9. A sheepskin provides warmth on the tiled floor
10. This pedestal table will allow us to display a collection of succulants
11. Natural leather Moroccan Pouf is a must-have footstool
12. Rope Cloche as terrarium. Sourced here.
This project will be curated over time, so I'll be sure to post the final installation when it's finished. Need help sourcing furniture and accessories for your space? Send me a message and we'll create a plan for your family.