Monday, November 1, 2010

Cover Your Walls

After two weekends of wallpaper hanging for this project, I've got wallcoverings on the brain... and stuck to my hands and painter's jeans.  I'm really loving the graphic qualities in many of the new prints out there, and I particularly admire the collection from Oh Joy! for Hygge & WestStone's Throw Away allows the viewer to complete the story, to see beyond the lines and interpret the pattern. As a side bonus, this print may help hide wall imperfections in older homes, where other wallcoverings can actually enhance blemishes.

Fig totes around a journal with a similar print

My other favorite is out of Madison and Grow's Pasadena collection.  I have this spec'd on a current project so I'll have some beautiful installation shots to share by Spring 2012.

Elizabeth : Moonbeam on Cream.   You may have spotted this in your latest West Elm catalog. 

Angles: Erica Wakerly for Hermitage has been around for a while but I'm still waiting to see a smashing installation.  I keep this one tucked into my back pocket for just the right client and space.

 

My favorite spaces to cover in print:  Entryways and powder rooms.  What are yours?

0 comments: