Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Warm Welcome

Hi Everyone, Jenny here.  We are so blessed to be busy with a lot of fun and challenging projects in the studio right now and we have many more exciting prospects on the horizon.  Up until now, I've done my best to juggle each and every facet of the business on my own, including everything you see popping up in Fig's online world.  I realized a few weeks ago that I needed a talented person to enter my world and lend a hand, and right when I opened myself up to the idea, Amanda dropped me a line.  Amanda's worldly background, sense of style, and stellar writing skills quickly sold me on the idea of handing over some of my online media duties (the blog, Facebook, and Pinterest) to her capable hands.  This will all allow me to spend more time on client work and expanding the studio and will allow you to have more content to enjoy on your social media addiction of choice!  Fig's clients may see Amanda around a jobsite or two, assisting in meetings, and walking showrooms with me.  Without further adieu, please welcome Amanda.

Hi, I’m Amanda! I was raised just an hour up the Columbia River Gorge in Hood River. After graduating high school I moved to Switzerland for a year before getting a bachelors degree in women’s studies at Oregon State University. During my time at Oregon State I studied abroad in Germany and took some time to work as an aupair in England. My life in Europe strongly influences my design aesthetic and although I have always been passionate about design and architecture I didn’t realize I could make it my career until my last year of college. (Strange, I know.) So, I moved myself to Portland, got a second degree in interior design from The Art Institute and magically found my way to Fig Studio while walking my sister’s dog. Not able to stay out of school for long, I am currently going through a yoga teacher training and planning a bicycle tour around Holland in late summer. I am excited to be apart of the Fig team and look forward to sharing my passion for design!

0 comments: