Thursday, October 28, 2010

Designer + Architects

Fig Studio has a very special partnership with Giulietti/Schouten Architects, and I'm honored to have worked on several projects with the firm.  Not only do I get to work with my husband, but I'm surrounded by talent, experience, and a strictly positive working environment.  Looking on the bright side has been a regular theme over the past year, and I've found this to be especially true for all of my design friends. 

 GS Architects Crane Penthouse received an IIDA Citation Award at this year's design awards

Starting an interior design studio during one of the worst economic downturns in recent memory is crazy.  Let's face it.  I have days when I wonder if this was the right decision, whether I should stop living my dream and "get a real job" at a large firm again.  I have days when I'm so proud of my accomplishments I can't imagine doing anything else.  None of the success I've had in the past year would have been possible without my partnership with the firm, and I feel that our clients see the difference when they choose to work with us.

 Powder Room, Fig Studio Interior Design

Seamless communication, tip-of-the finger resources, and a fluid design synergy are all key elements to our successful partnership.  We see all elements of each project from napkin sketch to final installation.  We are able to easily coordinate finishes to structure, bold design choices with tiny details, and see the vision through to the last nail.  Stop in to our studio on NW Thurman Street, send me a message, or give me a call.  We'll talk through your project details and see how we can help.  No project is too small or too large, and consultations are always complimentary.

0 comments: