Tuesday, May 10, 2011

FIG. STUDIO Happenings

 PHOTO BY FIG - Travel Tip: an underwater camera in Hawaii is priceless!

Turtle sightings, sandy toes, and Plumerias were just a few elements that made my Maui trip both restful and exhilarating.  I spent plenty of time absorbing the sun, reading Bossypants, and perfecting my standup paddleboard technique.  I am thankful to have had the opportunity to travel, and even more thankful that Fig is starting out the month of May with a few new projects on the boards:  Furnishing a high-rise Pearl apartment for a young Seattleite turned Portlander, designing a mid-century inspired entertainment room in Portland's Montclair neighborhood, and helping a young couple adjust their home's surroundings to accommodate their growing family.

Next to design, travel is my most prized passion in life.  Everytime I explore a new place, swim with some creature of the deep, or taste a local specialty, I gather infinite inspiration for my life and work back home.  The photo above is the perfect example of how to find color inspiration in everyday life or in a once in a lifetime opportunity.  Textures, flavors, colors, patterns.  It's all there. 

Until next time,
Fig.

0 comments: